Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thinking Out Loud

Once again I am stealing the blog post idea from my SIL, Bri! She finds the best ideas. I love them!

Tonight I am thinking about why my dog insists on going outside 5 minutes after he was just out. I think he just wants some attention, otherwise he is seeing the neighbor dogs and wants to say hi. I'm also thinking that the new Star Wars sweatshirt that I got my older dog (not because I like to dress up my dog, he actually shivers when he's cold) is AWESOME!

I'm also thinking that listening to my 8-year-old daughter give her daddy WiiU tips is hilarious! A year ago it was the other way around and now she is telling him what to do. Too funny!

I'm sitting here looking at our 1st artificial tree, and it looks great! I can't believe Mr. Christmas caved on the tree, but he did. With all of the traveling we are doing this year, it just wasn't worth the expense of a real tree when no one will be here to enjoy it.

This in turn makes me think about Christmas. I am done shopping, but I need to send some of our gifts. That thought makes me sad, because it means that some of our family will not be with us. I wish we could all come home for Christmas. I miss the little kids running around and being loud, ripping open their presents as soon as they get the "GO" signal. TJ is always so sad on Christmas because her cousins are all far away. She hates being the only kid at Christmas.

At least some of her cousins are coming right after Christmas. She's very excited for that! As are we!

I just had the thought that I did not tell the blog world I am working at a middle school here in Ankeny, as a Special Education Aide. I am really enjoying it. The hours are perfect with TJ, and the kids that I am working with are great. I was really overwhelmed to begin with, but now I'm getting in the swing of it and it's great!

Also we went on the Santa Express last Sunday! It was a lot of fun. The ride was beautiful. TJ kept saying we need to do this in the fall, the leaves will be so pretty. She's absolutely right! They do a pumpkin ride for Halloween, so I think we will be going to that also.




We also did some shopping with my cousins and aunt! We had a great time! While we were out we stopped at Scheel's. TJ caught a Moose while we were there! LOL! Uncle Joe was impressed!


Those are the main thoughts I have going on in my mind right now. If I wrote down everything I was thinking I would never stop! Women/Mothers! We just can't shut it off.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

1 comment:

  1. Love all your thoughts today! You are SO right... a mama/woman's brain never turns off! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Followers