Monday, July 16, 2012

Adult Days of Summer

We have been child-free since Friday. I love having time to myself and with my husband, but I miss my DD. I know she is having a wonderful time. In fact, tonight on the phone she told me she doesn't want to come home until Wednesday. She loves spending time with all of our family, especially since she is the only grandchild that lives within driving distance for both sides. She has a very busy social calendar!!!

I always see the cheesy signs that say "A child is your heart walking around" and it is so true. I feel like I am missing part of myself when she is gone. Now I am not going to pretend that there aren't some days when I would gladly send her back to Nana's, but most days she is wonderful. She is such an amazing blessing.

A week ago today, she broke her wrist at dance class. I know, dance class?!?! But yes, it was at dance class. Her tap shoes slipped out from under her and landed right on her wrist, breaking both bones in her wrist. Now, I can be an EXTREME Mama Bear. So this was a very big step for me to send my baby away, with a brand-new yellow cast on her arm. I stressed a little bit (ok, a lot bit) more than she did. She didn't think twice about going away for 5 days and going to theater camp. She loved it, by the way!


How sweet is she!!!


So DH and I have been on our own. DH went golfing with his dad and I went to "Magic Mike" with some girlfriends. It was totally worth the money!!! I love Matthew McConaughey!!! I waited the whole movie to see him strip and it was worth it. Gorgeous! Not that watching Channing Tatum all night was bad!!! YUMMY! 


Then we spent Sunday walking Galena and enjoying lunch together. It was HOT, but a very nice day. We enjoyed our child-less days, but we are ready to have her back tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors

Followers